Tom’s current engagement is in the Mayor’s Office of the City of Houston for the Chief Development Officer, Andy Icken.
Service provided is as the City’s representative for major non-Public Works & Engineering Department or General Services Department projects. Also, serves as project advisor and expediter to several Redevelopment Authority/TIRZ Board of Directors who face unique challenges of funding or design/construction.
Notable projects have been:
- BBVA Compass Stadium, home of the Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash;
- Houston Sports Park;
- Hardy Yards Development;
- Buffalo Bayou Park Project;
- Sobering Center (Houston Center for Sobriety);
- Hardy Yards, 6.5-acre mixed used development adjacent to the Houston Central Business District
- George R. Brown Convention Center’s Improvements and Additions including:
- Improvements to Avenida de las Americas
- Marriot Marquis – new 1,000 room hotel
- Partnership Tower and garage with transit center
- Conversation of the Hilton Americas Garage to include transit center
- Major renovations to the exterior and interior of the convention center
- Addition of four restaurants at street level in the convention center
- Assist private developments that contribute to the economic development of Houston as funded through TIRZs, “380 Agreements” or other financing methods.
- State of the art Veterans Home being built through an agreement with the General Land Office of the State of Texas.